Monday, March 4, 2013

Swiss luxury watches

On Sunday I went out with my sweetheart and went window-shopping. Like last weekend, we looked at the ridiculously expensive luxury watches at the Bahnhofstrasse and yesterday, I fell in love with two very pretty Rolex watches. They were from the "Datejust" collection, one was with a silvery mother-of-pearl and diamonds and the other one with pink mother-of-pearl without diamonds. Price: CHF 11'900.- and CHF 9'700.-... Man. Do I really want to spend THAT much money on a watch? ...Of course not, even if it's a Rolex and might be an investment... I wouldn't wear it everyday anyway. My sweetheart said, I should keep in mind that in a few years, I might have a different taste and would have had enough of that specific style and would want something different. Hmmm...
My brother told me I should buy a Longines watch. They aren't that pricy and make very nice women watches. Aha. I should check it out.
My mother on the other hand said I should buy Cartier, they were affordable....
Huh?! Err... mother, I think you are mixing here up something. I don't think Cartier is 'cheaper' - some of their watches are even more expensive than Rolex! Or am I wrong?
Sigh, I can already see it coming. Next weekend, I will be walking along the Bahnhofstrasse and will be looking at all the luxury watches again, searching for a very pretty but not-that-expensive one. Will be agonizing the next few weeks or months or even years, if I REALLY need such an expensive watch or not...
And in the very end, I decide not to buy it. :-/
  Rolex Datejust Bahnhofstrasse Zurich

No comments:

Post a Comment