Sunday, March 3, 2013

Insomnia and doubts

It's 2:54AM in the morning and I can't sleep... I ate too much and feel a little sick of too many glasses of sparkling wine and red wine from dinner last night with my family at my relatives' place. Lots of fun but now it's not fun at all... I hate it when I can't sleep. So many thoughts are buzzing in my head, too, like how I could change the layout of my blog, what I should write about next, if I should really stay anonymous, if I should write it in German and English or just in English, if people who find my blog accidentally would ever come back to my page and read my further entries... Doubts. I shouldn't think. I should stop thinking and then try to sleep - but I can't. Why do we sometimes (thank God, I don't have that too often) have those sleepless nights where we have to think about lots of stuff, ask questions and keep thinking about more things even though we are actually very tired and want to get some sleep? Why can't we tell our brain to STOP thinking and to go to sleep? Is it because the body is tired but the brain is not? Do we only get good sleeps when BOTH are tired? Rubbish. I should stop writing rubbish and really go back to bed... SLEEP, my brain, please go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment