Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Brunch at Palace Luzern Hotel

So, how did you enjoy mother's day? Did you give your mother a lovely present, send flowers or cooked a meal for her or did you take her to a nice restaurant? Or are you a mom and were you treated nicely from your daughter or son yesterday? :-)
I realized only last Thursday that coming weekend was mother's day (oops!) and thought I could invite her to a brunch at a place of her choice. She wanted to go to "Hotel (Art Deco) Montana" in Lucerne which is popular for it's beautiful view of the lake and of the mountains in the distance but when I asked my concierge to make a reservation, he told me that they were already fully booked since quite some time. He even said that most of the nice hotels were booked up on mother's day! ねこ のデコメ絵文字
Ok, I was too late... My mother and myself decided to enjoy our dinner at home. 
But then my concierge called me back and told me that he was able to book a table at the hotel Palace Luzern for the special mother's day brunch. Yaay!

 When we arrived after 11AM, we were directed to the function room "Ambassadeur" where already a lot of people were sitting at their tables and lining up at the buffet.
The tables were all decorated with beautiful, pastel colored flowers - so pretty!

 
 
The appetizer buffet on the left and bread, croissants, muesli, cereals and yogurt on the right.

Mmmmh, the appetizer was really good! It had green salads, greek salad, caprese salad, avocado with raw shrimps, ratatouille with cooked shrimps, Italian ham with melon,...


At the warm buffet scrambled egg, sausage, bacon, pancake, cooked vegetables, potato gratin, shrimp-cannelloni, fish, calf prime rib and chicken roll with basil were served.
 
At around 13:30, some of the appetizers were removed to make space for the dessert!
 
Ohhhh, look at this colorful dessert buffet! I am already stuffed from all the appetizers, breads, and main meal but I just can't say no to sweets! ;-) Especially when they look so lovely!

Panna cotta with mango Sauce, chocolate cheese cake, strawberry and chololate mousse, caramel éclair, various cakes, ice cream,... YUMMYYY!

At the end, all mothers received a rose from the hotel staffs. How nice! I also received one even though I am not a mother yet. ;)

"Muttertags-Brunch" (mother's day brunch) is served at Palace Luzern every year. CHF 80.- per person, warm and cold drinks - also sparking wine - are included.
So, if you want to treat your mother to a special brunch, I can totally recommend this! Afterwards, if the weather is nice, you can also have a nice walk by the beautiful Vierwaldstätter lake. Lucerne is really a beautiful city to visit!
On "usual" Sundays the "Easy Sunday Brunch" is served at the hotel. CHF 65.- pp from 11:00 - 15:00.
Reservations can be made under +41 (0)41 416 10 37 or info@palace-luzern.ch.

 
      Service:   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★                   Value for money:   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
      Food:       ★ ★ ★ ★ ★                   Atmosphere:          ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

 
Hotel Palace Luzern
 Haldenstrasse 10, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
Tel: +41_ (0)41_ 416_ 16_ 16
www.palace-luzern.ch/en/meta/home/

1 comment: