Thursday, March 13, 2014

Yuja Wang in London


About a month ago I visited London for 4 days (I know, I should have written about my trip much earlier on my blog… (^_^;). I went to Yuja Wang's piano concert accompanied by London Symphony Orchestra at the Barbican Hall. I don't know if you know her but she is AMAZING! A GENIUS! She played one of the most complicated piece by Prokofiev without any mistake!

Like Lang Lang, she is an extremely talented Chinese classical pianist who started playing the piano at the early age and studied at the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing and they also both studied with the same teacher - Gary Graffman - at the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia.

When they start playing the piano at concerts, it's like you are under their spell and are mesmerized but at the same time excited and your heart starts beating fast! You can almost feel their energy they are putting into the piano...

Not only her virtuoso performances at the piano attracts much attention but also her very short dress and super high-heels! ;-) That's her style when she is playing at concerts. She draws lots of criticism with that but she simply explains: "I can dress in long skirts when I'm 40." :)
After the concert, Yuja must have been really exhausted but she took time for her fans to give autographs, take pictures and chit chat with them. Very likeable and nice, like a girl next door!






No comments:

Post a Comment