Saturday, March 15, 2014

Afternoon Tea at The Rose Lounge in London

On Valentine's Day, I went to Sofitel London St. James Hotel to have an afternoon tea at "The Rose Lounge" - with my mother. :) Finally, I got to try the real, traditional afternoon tea in England! And it was MARVELOUS! 

The Rose Lounge at Sofitel London St. James



The Rose Lounge
We were seated next to the fire place. :)


The delicious sandwiches and the scones were replenished as much as we wanted, the service was impeccable, the atmosphere really cosy and pretty. There was also a harpist who played lovely tunes... I felt like a princess! ♡♡♡

Afternoon Tea The Rose Lounge


After the sandwiches and scones, you get to chose 2 different pastries from the cake trolley but my mother and I were both SO stuffed! The sandwiches and scones were so good that we couldn't stop ordering more... (^_^;

The Rose Lounge Afternoon Tea Cake Trolley
I decided to get the smallest pastry - a caramel éclair - but just one... My mother did the same but asked the friendly french waitress if she could take it home and the waitress said "of course" and brought a small box with her zipper éclair inside. :)
The price was  £36 each (12.5% service charges included), so a little high for an afternoon tea but for me, it was definitely worth it!

I totally loved "The Rose Lounge" and would recommend it to anyone who likes to have an afternoon tea and enjoy a romantic and pretty atmosphere!


"The Rose Lounge" at The Sofitel London St. James
6 Waterloo Place, London SW1Y 4AN, England
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7968 2900
E-mail. thebalcon.london@sofitel.com


Service: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★                                Value for money:   ★ ★ ★ ★ ✩
Food:     ★ ★ ★ ★ ★                                Atmosphere:          ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No comments:

Post a Comment