Sunday, May 12, 2013

WALK-IN CLOSET - an awesome event

So, like announced in my last entry, I went to this event called "Walk-in closet" in Stall 6 Zurich where you could bring your old clothes, bags etc and trade off with others' brought stuff. I really loved that economical and ecological idea and was very excited to this day. When I arrived Stall 6 around 3PM the ex-barn was already packed! First, you had to pay CHF 2.- service charge at the entrance and tell the girl the approximate number of clothes and accessories you had brought. I said "15" and she gave me a piece of paper with the number 15 written on it. That's the amount of stuff that I can take home later in exchange!




At the next counter, you had to lodge your stuff where the helpers of the event were sorting out the clothes, shoes and accessories from the bags.

So this is the main barn (= Stall) - full of chickens, uh, I meant "chicks" and ladies. ;)






When you got thirsty or hungry from digging around the clothes, you could get something from the bar or you could drop off your tired and bored husband/boyfriend (like I did ;) )

There was also a section to let the pants or skirts hem.

These are the stuff I took home:


Navy-blue velvety booties


Sea-shell beads necklace


I could have spent the whole afternoon at the "Walk-in closet" since more and more new stuff were brought in but my sweetie was getting bored and I didn't want to waste his free time any more. (He is busy studying for his exams and Saturday was his only "learning-free" day). And also, I wanted to clean out the closet and not to overfill it again with new-old clothes! ;)
I really hope there will be another event like this very soon in Zurich! I LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment