Sunday, May 5, 2013

Afternoon Tea - Eden au Lac

Had a lovely afternoon tea with my 2 girlfriends M & S today. They are my only friends who love to have afternoon teas as much as I do. They are also my only friends in their 30ies who still love girly, pretty, cute and kitschy stuff, who would wear ribbons and pink clothes and accessories even though we are like 10 years too old ;), we all love Japanese food and all the kawaii (= cute) stuff from there, we are all a big fan of the US fashion, food, celebrities, trends,... and we all love luxury designers. I feel very comfortable being with them, I can talk with them about my desire to CHANEL bags without feeling like a spoiled crazy woman (who would spend that much money on a handbag?!) and I can talk about prince charming or wanting to live in a luxury villa and feel like a princess, just like we would be talking about the current weather. They have the same dreams and desires so they don't judge me. They wouldn't think I am crazy. Well, all my female friends are nice and lovely and they would never judge me either, but they are realists and think that I dream a little too much. ;)
M, S and me, we are dreamers, romanticists, a little bit spoiled 30/31-year old girls who want to be princesses.
Everyone says that prince charming doesn't exist in the real life. A rich, good-looking, romantic, nice, likeable and perfect guy who makes you feel like a princess... I thought so too, but actually M's boyfriend is like prince charming. He comes from a good family, he is rich, romantic, nice, likeable and accepts her the way she is, gives her expensive presents, they go on luxury vacation (but not too extravagant that other people would think they are crazy), they really seem to connect and they are still very happy and in love even after 10-years being together. I adore this couple! I do love my boyfriend, too and he is my prince in his own way and he makes me feel like a princess! I am not complaining at all! He is the one for me and I am very happy! But what I want to say is, that kind of rich but still very nice guy on the white horse aren't just dream of some hopelessly romantic girls. I guess these guys are VERY rare but they DO exist! M is the living proof. ;)

Ok, now I should write about my main topic: afternoon tea!
Our favorite place for that is the hotel "Eden au Lac Zürich".
The Eden Bar:

The lounge where you can enjoy the afternoon tea:



You get to relish 4 different sandwiches, mini cakes, mini-cupcakes, mini-muffins, chocolate mousse (today's special) and of course scones with jam and fresh creams and a tea of your choice for only CHF 29.-. This is really good value for money!
The entrance hall / reception:
My favorite spring outfit for today's afternoon tea:
Flower print jacket and dress: Forever 21; bag: Bally; high heels: Dosenbach
Service:               ★ ★ ★ ★ ★                      Luxusiousness:  ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Food:                   ★ ★ ★ ★                         Atmosphere:      ★ ★ ★ ★                         
Value for money: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
               

Eden au Lac Zürich
http://www.edenaulac.ch
Afternoon Tea:
Everyday from 13:00 - 17:00
CHF 29.-/39.- (with a glass of Champagne)

No comments:

Post a Comment