Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ladurée Ginza

An entry about Tokyo:
Met with my ex-colleague for lunch in Ginza. We used to have lunch together, many years ago, when we were still working for the same company. She is about 10 ? years older than me, still single, is full Japanese but doesn't get along with Japanese people (she says), especially with men since she 'thinks' and 'behaves' like a Western person - meaning, she is direct, says what she thinks and feels, believes that sexual equality is important (which doesn't mean that she is a feminist). And that is not common in the Japanese culture.
In Japan "we" are important, in the Western countries on the other hand "I", the individuals are important.
In Japan "we" all have to get along, "we" should do what everyone else is doing and should not be egoistic and think only about oneself - you should go with the flow.
My ex-colleague doesn't think that way. She wants to say what she is thinking, tell her own opinion and not lie just to 'harmonize' with everyone.
When you don't like something, why should you lie and say you like it?
However, she took time for me and we met up in Ginza to have a lovely lunch at Ladurée, my favorite pastry coffee shop! I so wanted to come here for afternoon tea ever since I went to Ladurée in Paris.

Afternoon Tea at Ladurée Ginza:




Look at these pretty cakes!


Atmosphere:        ★ ★ ★ ★ ★               Service: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★    
Value for money: ★ ★ ★ ★                   Food:     ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

UNIQLO, the Japanese clothing company is now collaborating with Ladurée.



A collage of my favorites ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment